Wednesday 24 October 2007

Into the wardrobe and out of the closet.

So J K Rowling has announced this weekend that good old Dumbledore was gay.

http://mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/FullArticle/CENT/nentertainmentNews_uUSN2052004020071021

Now I am one big fan of Harry Potter (is that sad at 22) but I don't really think it was totally necessary. One man speaking about equal rights etc even said he wished she had shown this explicitly in the books. Jesus what did he want? Dumbledore to stumble into the room of requirements one night and get it one with Harry? I just don't think she needed to make a big deal out of it all. Eveybody has always assumed it was so anyway. Is she going to do this every so often when people start to forget about the books?

Anyway the fanfiction is going to be great. I always preferred Draco/Harry myself but that's just me.
------------------

No comments: